- Permanent, full time position based from our South Melbourne office
- Enjoy our supportive team culture (we have some fun)
- Attractive salary package
Vital Software is part of the Marque Group, a growing automotive technology collective of multiple brands and products. Focusing on integrating data sources, creating efficiencies and personalising customer experiences, Marque Group’s family of companies is located in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and continental Europe.
Working with both OEMs and dealers, we pride ourselves on delivering solutions that drive long-term performance, improving both retention and profitability for our automotive customers.
We are seeking a General Manager to lead our Development, Customer Service, Project and Onboarding teams at Vital Software, based in our recently refurbished offices in South Melbourne.
Reporting to the Managing Director – Australia, the General Manager – Technology will assist in advancing the change agenda of the organisation and will also play a key role in collaborating with all levels of management in implementing, monitoring, and reviewing organisational strategy. This includes ensuring intercompany collaboration, particularly in carrying out the operational execution of group strategy and organisational improvement initiatives.
You will be the product owner, responsible for ensuring that products in the portfolio meet the market, and that customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. You will be directly responsible for the hands-on management of the technical resources and associated budgets of Vital Software with direct oversight of the key functional leads – Project Manager, Development Manager and the Customer Support team. You will be charged with creating an environment of continual improvement.
Vital Software develops and supports proprietary software and services for the Automotive industry. This is not a generalist IT or hardware role.
- Management of human and capital resources to achieve a balance across the delivery of committed projects, new revenue opportunity projects, existing customers and the maintenance and future development of the products.
- Represent the company at a senior level and maintain and expand relationships with strategically important suppliers, industry affiliates and customers.
- Oversee the coordination and involvement of all necessary company personnel to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- In line with Marque Group strategic objectives, maintain a clear product roadmap for the Vital Software product suite including the resource path to achieve this. Additionally, this role should gain actionable insights into customer behaviours, competition and industry segments to maximise the effectiveness, revenues and usage of our products.
- Lead operational change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organisational improvement and change, championing company improvement processes and removing obstacles impeding constructive improvement and change.
- Provide leadership that fosters an inclusive departmental team culture whilst maintaining individual accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behaviour
Ideally, your experience will come from working within a small to medium sized entrepreneurial business operating within the software, data or web development sectors. You will be experienced in a product or solutions management capacity and will have hands-on experience managing projects, teams and associated tools. Whilst you may not have a technical qualification, you will require a sound understanding of modern software development methodologies and tools, a strong technical knowledge and understanding of technical terms. Applicants with Automotive industry experience will be highly regarded.
You will also need to possess:
- A customer-centric approach
- The ability to make tough decisions and can “think on your feet” and juggle changing priorities
- Strategic thinking with a passion to innovate and to make genuine change, contribute and have a hunger to help us drive and grow the business
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership and staff development
- A reputation for proactivity, problem solving, resourcefulness and tenacity
- An outgoing, confident and can-do attitude and a burning desire to motivate your team
- An eagerness to learn and enhance your leadership qualities in a team with strong values around behaviour and performance
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Negotiation skills including supplier and customer contract negotiation and contract management experience
- Experience working with prioritisation and customer service level agreements
- Proven ability to build relationships with customers
- Experience with the preparation and management of operating budgets
- High-level MS office skills – in particular, MS Excel
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permanent Australian residents with the right to work in Australia need only apply.